Automatic Updates

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by CrisCT, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrisCT

CrisCT Guest

I'm a LAN administrator, i work on a little entrerprise with 25 computers.

I'm planning install SpywareBlaster & SpywareGuard on al machines. The domain controller is a W2000 server (SBS edition) and clients are W2000 Pro. All clients get internet access from Micro$oft web proxy (ISA server) on the controller domain. We do not offer external internet services like FTP or web - all services are for internal use.

Questions are:
    -Exists any way to install this SW in the server for giving clean internet access to the clients? (Via web proxy)
    -¿exists any way to auto-update both SW without the intervention of the end-user?
    Of course i can schedule LiveUpdate task, but it requires the user to 'click' many times, and i want to perform it on background, avoiding user intervention, or in unattended mode.

Thank you for creating this great SW. You'we won a piece of heaven distributing it for free.

Excuse my english, I'm from Spain

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Chris - I'm not sure that it is free if you're running it on a company LAN.

I'm sure jc will be along to clarify. Pete

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

The software is indeed free, but there currently is no method of automating updates that is built-in to either program.

I do have a special version of SpywareBlaster I'm working on that you may be interested in. Please e-mail me at press@wilderssecurity.net and I'll provide more details as soon as possible.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.