Automatic updates, what's the limitation?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by cvalde, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cvalde

cvalde Registered Member

Hello, I want to know the real limitation of the automatic updates. According to NOD32 2.7 Control Center, I have v2.70.32 and want to get v2.70.39 but it seems the only option is to download the latest installer.
    I'm a registered user and I renewed the license in March for one year more. I received my new user/pw on 8-March so this is not a problem with the trial version.
    I have Server = <Choose automatically>
    Program component update = Notify before program component upgrade.
    Restart after program component upgrade = Offer computer restart if necessary.

I get virus signatures updates without problems. Since I can't see the failure on my side (the "Update now" button will tell me NOD32 is up to date), I want to ask why nod32 (registered) cannot upgrade itself between minor versions, that's 2.70.32 to 2.70.39 and instead forces me to download a 11 MB installer again and install on top of the existing version.

Thanks.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

ESET just hasnt released the update components for the new (and minor) version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.