Automatic updates during PowerShadow sessions?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by jim28277, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim28277

jim28277 Registered Member

How do you handle anti virus updates that occur during a PS session? For instance, if NOD32 provides a new signature update during a PowerShadow session it will disappear when I quit PS. Will NOD32 download the revised signature file a second time when I'm running is normal (un-shadowed) mode? I guess I could ask the same thing about any automatic downloads during shadowed sessions (Comodo f/w, Boclean). Thanks Jim

PS, what about email that I want to keep that I download during a shadow session?

2. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I know you will have no problems with NOD but I believe you could kiss your E Mails good by.

3. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Your auto updates, email, every single thing including changes you make to your drive disappears when you reboot or shut down.

What I do for my virus definitions is get them first thing in the morning, on a day I plan to be in shadow mode. There will be updates during the day of course, but when I shut down, those are lost. Next day, I'll get them again. It isn't that much of a hassle or a worry since, in shadow mode no known virus, trojan, or anything else can hurt you anyway, at least not yet.

For email, the things I want to save go to a folder on my second (unshadowed) drive, and I do the same thing for any downoads I want to keep. It's a small price to pay for the security Powershadow and the other similar software offers.

4. jim28277

jim28277 Registered Member

Thanks for the prompt responses.

5. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Does this mean if your browsing in shadow mode (assuming your OS and browser is on your c: drive/partition), you can send data/e-mail/downloads to your d: partition or d: drive? I'm trying to get a handle on virtualization and sandbox programs. Thanks, innerpeace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.