Automatic update ?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Fidelius, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fidelius

Fidelius Registered Member

hello,
    I have installed nod32 version 2.7.0.26 on my brand new computer. I noticed the automatic updates do not occur as before so I have to get them manually.
    Did I make a mistake when I configured it ?
    Thank you.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Please check that your Username and Password have been entered into the correct area: NOD32 Control Centre> Update> Setup and NOT into a popup box as it will NOT be remembered.

Then check the following:

NOD32 Control Centre> Update> Setup> Server is set as "Choose Automatically".

Click on Advanced and make sure LAN is set for Broadband ADSL/Cable or Dialup is set for Broadband Wireless/Dialup.

Check Proxy Server Setup> setup to make sure there isn't a tick in there (99.99% of people do not use a proxy).

Check that LAN servers connection> Setup is set to System Account (default).

Beyond this NOD32 will update unless a firewall is blocking the Internet connection for NOD32.

Cheers :D

3. Fidelius

I have checked all the settings and they are as you describe. I used the same settings on my old computer with windows sp1. This new one has windows SP2 installed, maybe the firewall is blocking the automatic update but it should also block the manual update too. I've been told windows xp sp2 firewall was rather restrictive. About ZoneAlarm, I have set Nod32 kernel service (nod32krn.exe) to allow everything.
    I have a USB modem for my ADSL connection.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

In my opinion you should leave NOD32 for a while to make sure it updates automatically . If you check very often manually , then it could be that you update manually too often .

Also make sure you haven't enabled Silent Mode
    Make sure Automatic update is enabled

Attached Files:

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

What entries if any do you have in your log ?

NOD32 Control Centre > Logs > Event Log

6. Fidelius

Re: Automatic update ? [resolved]

You were right HiTech_boy, I was checking too often for a new update. The update has just occured automatically.
    Thanks !

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

He-he ... :D

You are welcome ! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.