Automatic notification of failed backup attempt?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MrAnalogy, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrAnalogy

MrAnalogy Registered Member

On occassion, I'll have a backup attempt fail (because the USB drive isn't installed, etc.)

Is there any way for Acronis TI to notify me of that? (email, popup msg, etc.)

Also, it would be nice if it did an automatic verify on the backup.

I.e., what I'm looking for here is "set it and forget it".

I'm currently using version 7.0, but willing to upgrade for the above features.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MrAnalogy,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note, that this feature currently is not supported by your version Acronis Backup software, but it is implemented in current release. We suggest you to upgrade.

Please visit Acronis online store in order to purchase the upgrade http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/sales/online/

Thank you.
    --
    Fedor Kurbatov

3. MrAnalogy

MrAnalogy Registered Member

I don't see that feature listed anywhere in the documentation. Can you point me to the literature or web page that describes the above two features I asked about?

Also, what VERSIONS have the above features?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MrAnalogy,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response and for not being accurate enough in explanation.

Please note that the feature Fedor was talking about presents in corporate versions of Acronis True Image:

Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation
    Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server
    Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows
    Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Linux

These versions of Acronis True Image can notify you when the backup is finished using the WinPopup service or via e-mail. The programs can also duplicate messages issued during the operation or send you the full operation log after operation completion.

Acronis True Image (corporate versions) can notify you about the following:

- When the operation is completed successfully;

- When the operation failed;

- During the operation when user interaction is required.

Also all versions of Acronis True Image allow you to validate backup archive upon operation completion. Verification will be performed immediately after the archive is created. This option can be set in Tools -> Options -> Default Backup Options -> Additional settings.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image in the respective User's Guide (Chapter "Operation results notification") .

You may also check version comparison page of Corporate Products.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.