automatic notification of a new version

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by frank78, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frank78

frank78 Registered Member

Is this possibility available?:rolleyes:
    I would like to receive one e-mail with the notification of a new version available for download.:cool:

Please advise

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

This is not available. I do not forsee it ever becoming an option, because the announcements are made on the forums.

Sorry, but your best bet is to either check the forums once a week, or maybe you could contact a local reseller and see if they have that ability.

hth

3. frank78

frank78 Registered Member

thank you very much for your very quick reply!:thumb:

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Glad to help, and Welcome to Wilders!
    :D:cool:

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

When there is a program component update (PCU) available, you will be notified by the program. You will be prompted whether you want to upgrade it or not.

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

7. Banger696

Banger696 Registered Member

8. hillrb

hillrb Registered Member

Thanks for the idea! I think that will work quite nicely! It is too bad that Eset doesn't have an automatic update notice delivery method.

9. dclark61

dclark61 Registered Member

Just out of curiousity, why can't ESET NOD32 alert the user to the availability of a new version? It's a pretty common service provided by many applications, and NOD32 already does online updating of components and virus data.

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Since newer program versions only contain fixes to reported problems, other users who have been running the program fine don't need to update the program to to the latest version. All users will be offered an automatic program update when available.

11. dclark61

dclark61 Registered Member

In my case, although NOD32 2.7 (?) was working fine, it had some kind of interaction with iTunes 7.7 such that iTunes would hang upon closing. Only by doing a Google search did I find that installing NOD32 3.0 would fix this problem. I wasn't even aware that NOD32 3.0 existed.

Granted, doing a Google search isn't a mindbuster, and iTunes isn't a terribly important app :D ... but it seems that if a NOD32 upgrade can affect even other apps positively, being automatically notified of the availability of the upgrade is appropriate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.