Automatic Date and Time on Backup Filename?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by woodworks, Nov 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodworks

woodworks Registered Member

Is there a way to automatically incorporate the date and time into the automated backup task file?

I would like to do a full backup each day, and possibly more than once a day for critical CAD data. I want to use the managed disk space to automatically discard the old backups, but I want more than one backup file, and not have to manually rename the file each run.

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I use TI Home, currently version10, and by using the Secure Zone I get the sort of automation that you require.

Backups run automatically each day to a simple schedule. I just use full disk backups. They are not named but they are dated and time stamped by the system automatically. Management is again automatic on the FIFO basis.

I have never tried to schedule more than on backup per day. A manual backup can be started at any time.It is also possible to start a scheduled backup before it is due by manually starting it. AFAIK this will stop the next automatic backup running on the same day.

As a test I will start my lunchtime scheduled back up now and see if the automatic one runs as well when I get back this afternoon.

Xpilot

3. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Not sure why you need the renaming, but you can have rolling backups by combining Full and incremental schedules.

F.

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

As I suspected if a scheduled backup is started manually it will not run again on the same day.
    However this is no bar to scheduling a separate backup task to start on the same day or even to starting this one manually. The proviso is that I have not tested this myself.

Xpilot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.