auto updates wont work

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by pavl, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pavl

pavl Registered Member

Hi,

I've been using nod32 for over a year, and it's been brilliant.

But since I installed XP SP1 the auto update stopped working. I get an error in the log that says "download file is damaged". Yet, when I notice this and click the update now button, the download works fine.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing nod32, but without success.

Does anyone know what's gone wrong?

Thanks in advance,

2. rodzilla

rodzilla Registered Member

The "download file is damaged" error message usually results from line noise or other transmission interference. (I've seen it a couple of times myself.) Clicking "Update now" a few minutes later usually produces a completed download.

If you see this problem regularly then it might pay to have your phone line and connections tested. We have a client whose problems (with downloads in general ... not just with NOD32 updates) were traced to a poorly-shielded power supply in his local telephone exchange.

3. pavl

pavl Registered Member

I expect problems like that with a 56k modem, but with adsl?

I've never had a corrupted download yet with adsl, but as soon as there's a new virus signature on the eset server, the problem starts, and only with the nod32 updates.

Weird o_O

Pavl.

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

pavl,

I'll take it, you have changed to the NT/W2k/XP version from NOD32 as well?

regards.

paul

5. pavl

pavl Registered Member

Oh, I didn't change to XP, just installed SP1 onto it, so always had the XP version of nod32.

Doh! just checked again, same problem, but this time, 2 clicks of the update now button before it would work.

o_O

Pavl.

6. Samaritan

Samaritan Registered Member

I have the same problem, and would like to find out what we have in common as no-one has any answers for us.
    I use a dial-up connection using Paradise.net.
    I have tried it on all versions of Windows.
    I have clients that I have recommended Nod to and they are now having the same problem. They too are using paradise, XP and have reinstalled without improvement.
    ie. the auto update fails to download but the Update Now manual button succeeds.

Have you found anything that works yet, I thought that it may have been mis-timing as my ISP connects but I tried the Ask first option and it still failed.

I would be interested in comparing notes,
    Thanks.

7. Samaritan

Mine now works if I use another ISP to dial up with.

I have just now given a detailed report to my default ISP who say they will look into it.

Two of my friends, also with the same ISP & Nod32, also tried another ISP with immediate sucess.

I will keep you informed on what the ISP comes up with.

8. Samaritan

The Answer.

Get your ISP to update Nod32 using the Commercial version through a dial-up connection.

Paradise couldn't duplicate the failure with the trial version so Nod provided them with a temporary licence the test the commercial one.
    Whatever it was, they found the answer within hours and everything is now sweet! ;)

Good Luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.