Auto start registry change

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by asdf, Jun 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asdf

asdf Registered Member

13:24:23 [Init] NOTICE A change has been detected in the autostart registry. Press Ctrl+A to view the autostart registry
    The Ctrl+A doesn't do anything ,i get this message quite regularly.
    I hold down Ctrl key and press a ,is that right ?

2. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hey Journey,

Yes that's right, but perhaps the TDS console window does not have the focus? Try clicking the mouse once on the titlebar of TDS and then do the Ctrl+a

HTH,

Dan

3. asdf

asdf Registered Member

I tried that and TDS has focus but does not respond.There is a file on desktop,a greyed out,
    tds-3.GID.
    Does this have anything to do with it?
    Should i try and move it to the tds folder? :)

4. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hmmm,

Try looking at the properties of the .gid file and if it is of 0 bytes you can delete it (the real one belongs in the Help subfolder in your TDS install directory).

Either way, I don't know what might be preventing the Ctrl+a shortcut. Until some of the TDS folks comes along, and only if you run NT/2K/XP you might want to download DiamondCSs freeware AutoStart Viewer. This can be downloaded from

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/downloads/asviewer.zip

5. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:Dlol dude your not alone i use to freak out every time i saw this

Auto start registry change press ctl +a to view changes

:Dturns out most of it was usealy me

any time you install a program windows updates or theres a program updateing itself with out you knowing you will always recive that

bugs me to death lol :cool:

6. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Ctrl+A is just a keyboard shortcut for System Analysis | Autostart Explorer (menu). Ctrl+A may not work (for what reason I'm not sure), but manually clicking that menu should work. Either way, the Autostart Explorer in TDS has been superseded by our new freeware utility Autostart Viewer as Dan just mentioned (see the URL in his post for the download)

Cheers,
    Wayne

7. Tuulilapsi

Tuulilapsi Registered Member

There seems to be some serious bugs with that warning ... thingy. I get the warning every time I load TDS-3, and I do mean every single time, no matter what I do. And I can assure you nothing has changed in my autostarts. Looking forward to seeing that fixed in TDS-4, as I happen to think the warning would be a nice thing if it actually worked. ;)

8. asdf

asdf Registered Member

Thank's Dan,
    I returned the gid file to it's rightful spot,it was 16.4 kb.I'm happy you told me where it belonged ,it was sitting on desktop for quite a while!
    Gavin,
    I downloaded the autostart viewer , it is a nice ,simple but informative program.I couldn't see anything suspicious in the displayed autostarts..
    I want to devote some more time learning how TDS3 works ,so i will go to the private forum and pick up some info there.
    I tried to get the autostart from the TDS3 menu but it doesn't work there either.Doesn't matter as the new autostart viewer is good.
    Thank's to the other responses too. :D

9. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:Dwill i dont think its a bug just anoying it really does work

i did request in tds 4 that they put in a better verstion of that

often you dont know what the new changes are

i requsted something similar to trojan check for tds 4 something that points to what actualy has change and compares it to the old one

:(but what i forgot to request was a revert file dont allow change option

:(totaly sliped my mind to ask for that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.