Auto renewel.

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Der Alte, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Der Alte

Der Alte Registered Member

There is not much I dislike about WSA if any, but there is a small thing that wonders me, why is it nesseserry for Webroot to have a rule of auto renewel, taken place 7 days before the end of a license period.

I am awhere that I can subscripe to auto renewel (and I did today when I renewed my license) becuse I think this is the right way, and is fully satisfeid with the warnings given in the near future of an ended license period.

I would rather see, I have to subscribe (saying yes) to this 7 days auto renewel rule, instead of having subscribe (saying no) in advance to it.

2. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  3. Der Alte

Der Alte Registered Member

Thank you Triple Helix, for letting me know that this issue has been discussed earlier over at the community site. I havent read the thread before but I have now, and even Yegor do a fine job explaning why and so on, I am not fully convinced of the greatness in that policy.

I think the auto-renewel rule by default, is to take a little bit to much care about the users in advance. Also I think the option to unsubcribe this service, is a bit well hidden way down in a link just saying "Learn more"

But that is just my opinion, and I still think that auto-renewel should be an option you have to say yes to in advance, and not the other way around.

My best regards to you from Der Alte :)

4. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

We have to keep in mind of average users and it's a great option for them, maybe not so much for the tech savvy users like the one's here at Wilders and other security forums. IMHO ;)

TH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.