Auto Reboots from Idle state

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Escalader, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Unable to access that page.

How about explaining here what your issues are for the members instead of having to bounce around other forums.

3. Escalader

Right, no problem, here they are: Im getting auto reboots from xp sp 3 from idle state and don't know why. Here is a post on it I made at OA forum.

The only additional steps I doing right now is preparing to reinstall windows xp 2 then xp sp3 from scratch. If anybody has done a repair on dell 4700 in a partitioned C drive using dell utilities or tried let me know.

4. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Hi Escalader, un-check 'Automatically Restart' and make sure the rest looks the same as below...what is it telling you now.

Attached Files:

5. Escalader

TY Meriadoc! I have made your change. No reboots yet! :cool:

I guess we will never know how this tick got there UNLESS sp 3 did it for us!:doubt:

6. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

I'm not sure what is going on with your system and the cause of the failure but now you will have a chance to see and make a note of the bsod. As a favour locate your dump file by doing a search (the last one should do,) upload it somewhere and I'll diagnose the cause of the Windows crash.

7. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

I have reinstalled couple of Dell and I really hate those Dell things. I always install clean orginal Windows and download drivers/programs before that.

8. Escalader

Hi MikeNAS:

That is what I am going to do.

Where do I get the drivers etc that I need? It's been so long since I did this stuff I forget basics sometimes.

Drivers for dell from dell? hp printers from hp or is everything on a year 2004 win xp 2 original os? That can't be right, dated for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.