Auto name change for Backup task?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by whoit, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whoit

whoit Registered Member

I want to schedule a backup (Full, not incremental, not differential) task to run weekly.

How can I set it up so that the backup file name will automatically be changed (for example adding the date, or a number, etc - MyBackup11.04.07.tib or MyBackup1, Mybackup2, etc...) ?

Thanks.

2. Robi

Robi Registered Member

3. Goose1

Goose1 Registered Member

I am in the same situation.

As a work around, I used a post command which uses the programming language PHP command line to do a quick file rename. I have True Image do a full daily backup to the file TEMP.tib. The PHP script then looks for that file on completion of the backup, and renames it based on what I want it to be, containing date, time, etc.

The problem I'm faced with now is, I would like to use differential or even incremental backups to save space. However, I can't because any future backups look for the TEMP.tib file to be based off of, which no longer exists.

Isn't there some sort of advanced features hidden somewhere to append date/time file naming? I paid $700 for this (Server), and I would expect at least that feature. I thought file naming was requested a long time ago. Is it maybe implemented somewhere, and I'm just missing it?

Any input?

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

What version are you using. If aTI 10, you can create Backup Locations using that function within ATI, and then create a task to backup to the Backup Lcoation and ATI will automatically name the files uniquely, incorporating time and date into the name, looking like this example: "2007_11_06_16_20_06_248D.TIB". And because it's a Backup Location, ATI will automatically delete Full Backups when it reaches the user specified limits -- they are specified when you create the Backup Location.

5. Goose1

Goose1 Registered Member

I'm using TI Enterprise Server 9.1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.