Auto install for new versions

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by NIJ, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NIJ

NIJ Guest

Hey, I like spywareblaster and spywareguard, but I think there should be an auto update/auto install feature. This way version changes are less of a problem. You simply click, download the new version and then it uninstall the old one and install the new one in 1 STEP.

2. I second that request.

I need a method to script SpywareBlaster to check for updates and auto update its database and program. I use the AutoExNT tool to run unattended jobs so that a machine can update itself. Ideally this would work from the command line.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed.

3. Gaz

Gaz Registered Member

I think this Idea, while is quite good, wouldnt it be what we are stying to stop?

We dont really want applications updating and installing themselves automatically with out some confirmation.

I think the best way is to set task sheduler to run sgupdate.exe every month or something. But would need your consent to continue, you could make it every week too.

Regards,
    Gareth

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I'd love to support automatic updating of the database, and even perhaps the program - but unfortunately bandwidth costs continue to get higher even without such an option. (And with it, they would undoubtedly double, at a minimum.)

But I'll keep looking into it. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.