Auto delete oldest backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by desaubin, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. desaubin

desaubin Registered Member

How can I have ATI 2009 have auto deleted the oldest ASZ entry when ASZ is full when creating a new backup?

2. Faust

Faust Registered Member

It doesn't work like that - Acronis consolidates the incrementals into the full image one at a time. It is one of the failings of 2009 - you could do multiple full backups etc. with previous versions but not with 2009. I think it smacks of putting all ones eggs in the same basket and for that reason I backup to two different locations.

3. desaubin

Hmm, sounds like I should downgrade to ATI 11 :doubt:

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

The appropriate task has been created. The desired option will be available in the future releases. This option can be implemented for the next build of Acronis True Image Home 2009.

Thank you.

__

Oleg Lee

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Or even ATI 8,9,10. It worked just fine in the good old days.

Xpilot

6. desaubin

Great :D

7. tonyseeking

tonyseeking Former Poster

Use Ubuntu LiveCD and mount the secure zone as read+write and then you can delete whatever you want.

8. desaubin

Tony, you did not understand my question.

9. tonyseeking

tonyseeking Former Poster

Sorry. :'(

10. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I'm not sure which opton is going to be implemented but if it is the ability to store and automanage multiple Full backups, I might reconsider moving from ATI10 to ATI 12/2009, which currently has worse features but broader hardware support.

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Such feature was requested to our Development Team, probably it will be implemented in one of our next builds.

There's a solution to handle it: you can set automatic consolidation option to merge several incremental\differential backups with full. And new option (appeared in 9646 build of Acronis True Image Home 2009) - you can set an option to create a full backup after N incremental backups.

Please also notice that you can find detailed information on Acronis True Image in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

12. shieber

shieber Registered Member

That's a no no with ATI12/2009, which maintains a database of allthe backups it makes. Generally, all creation, deletions, and name changes of backup files must be done within ATI -- I believe this applies to the SZ -- if you delete a backup file outside of ATI, it won't be reflected inthe ATI database.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.