Auto delete older Diff files?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by markusx1a, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markusx1a

markusx1a Registered Member

I have a backup task of folder foo set up to do a full backup every once a month, with 8 differential backups scheduled in between (2 a week).

I've named my full backup foo.tib, and the diff backup foodiff.tib. So now I get foodiff.tib, foodiff1.tib, foodiff(+1).tib etcetera.

I assumed that ATI would delete the earlier foo-diff's once it makes a newer full backup, but that isn't happening. How can I make that happen automatically?

Thanks,
    Markus

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello markusx1a,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that when you create a differential backup you need to choose a full backup it will be based upon, so the name of differential backup will be the same as full one with number added. If you choose a new name for differential backup, Acronis True Image will create a full one with that name first. So, with the current setup you have two separate backup sequences.

If a new full backup with the same name is created, it will overwrite the existing full backup, and all consequent differential backups will be gradually overwritten with newly created ones.

Please also notice that Acronis True Image 10.0 Home and up has a special feature that allows automatic management of backups (naming, deleting, consolidating) - Acronis Backup Locations.

You can find the detailed information on how to use Acronis True Image in the respective User's Guide.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.