auto defrag/PG

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by TechDunce, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechDunce

TechDunce Guest

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=102515

In above thread it is mentioned that tweakui can stop auto defrag but in the tweakui I downloaded there is no option to optimise disk. I did nit get it from the link above thread as this was not available. can anyone tell me what version of tweakui I need. Apologies if this is ion the wrong forum

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi I have a copy of TweakUI here, it might be old now.. see if you have the option though :

Go to GENERAL, then in the right side, scroll down a little. Find "optimize hard disk when idle" and untick it.

3. TechDunce

TechDunce Guest

Go to GENERAL, then in the right side, scroll down a little. Find "optimize hard disk when idle" and untick it.

My TweakUI does not have the option "optimize hard disk when idle" under General. Could you post a link to the version you have?
    Thanks

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. dannyboy 950

dannyboy 950 Registered Member

Just click on the word general and you should get this

Attached Files:

6. TechDunce

TechDunce Guest

Mine is the same except where you have "optimise hard disk when idle" I have "Show windows version on desktop"
    My version is 2.00.1.0

Thanks

7. TechDunce

TechDunce Guest

Which download is it? The 147 kb one? I have downloaded that a few times and it does not have the option to "optimise hard disk when idle" Instead it has have "Show windows version on desktop"

My version is 2.00.1.0

Or is it the 224kb for titanium based systems. I do not have titanium based or even know what it is?

Thanks

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

The latest version is 2.10.0.0

Attached Files:

9. TechDunce

TechDunce Guest

Thanks Ron I finally got v 2.10.0.0 at http://www.team-ninja.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24491 the MS link seems to give me an outdated version
    One more thing, how do I know the last time the disk was defragged. Is there a log and what is the path? I can analyse and can read the report but that does not tell me when the disk was last defragged
    Thanks all who helped

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.