Auto-complete BHO ?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by GlobalForce, Jul 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Greetings!

I'd like to know if this problem has plagued fellow anti's. It seems when I plug
    into a new site or hit go on a search(Google or Site Search), my movements
    are being tracked. Auto-complete shows up most of the time. Spysweeper
    shows NO programs and I've tried searching related context. A little insight
    would be most appreciated...

Last edited: Jul 4, 2004
  2. meneer

meneer Registered Member

Need not be so.
    I think that if you activated Auto complete, IE will find the text input box names and enter the information that is saved for text input box with the same name on other sites. Any input box with the name 'e-mail' looks the same for auto completion to function (at least I suspect IE behaves that way).

3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Thanks for the reply Meneer, I've tried it both on and off. It really comes up often, at least every time I hit a search go or enter. Any advice about where to look, it started about two weeks ago. Otherwise, I,ve been fine for the last two months. I "DO" suspect foul play...

4. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Besides the on-off choice (and I think this is in the same place), there's also an option to clear all existing auto-complete records. Have you tried clearing that too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.