Auslogics Disk Defrag v 3.5 released

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by abu shofwan, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

but when it NEVER gets updated and the free one does honestly why in the world would you pay for it at 30$ its ridiculous... i know a number of people off the top of my head who feel the same way that i know personally and they are pretty much fed up with the waiting when nearly every month there is updates for the free one and nothing for the PAID version. again i dont mean to sound rude but those are the facts. you mentioned a update for the paid version a month ago where is it?? i really liked it and sadly ive moved on for now. when the free one gets updated for all kinds of reasons it makes me wonder what the paid version is missing even security wise etc... i just feel the paid versions of your software should be the first and foremost maintained over anything else and THEN THE FREE versions. at least this is the way one would expect it to be when paying for software. and lastly why when say the boostspeed includes the free auslogics version why does it not include the pro versiono_O seems to me to be something very backwards there so again no offense and not meaning to be rude but imo as well as a number of other people i know think this is a big mistake and also have now looked elsewhere because of it.

sorry to anyone in this thread but ive emailed auslogics asking this very same question and not ONCE did anyone reply to this question why is this?? it will in fact also be the last time i as well as others i have mentioned be paying for a auslogics lic..end rant/

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  2. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Make sure you opt out of the yearly subscription that you agreed to when you purchased the Pro Defrag. I found out the hard way when I bought BoostSpeed and then was charged a year later for another year. I fought it with Paypal, and auslogics sent me an email and said I could have my $ back, but I have still been getting threatening emails from their "agent" for me to pay.

Never again will I use Auslogics products, and this is not a rant, just the truth. ;)

Here is the latest email I have received even though Paypal refunded my $ and auslogics sent me an email apologizing for my inconvenience:

~ Private Communications Removed per TOS ~

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
  3. zfactor

mine was bought from the v3 store as well as paid with paypal so i dont think they can charge me like that. i did not see any kind of subscription when i bought it. ill have to double check though

edit just checked and it was v3 store but it says cleverbridge payment. and i dont see anywhere it is a yearly subscription. man im def glad i didnt go through them after hearing that.

4. DBone

DBone Registered Member

My purchase was through CleverBridge too, auslogics told me that in the UELA it said that I agreed to yearly auto-debiting.

5. Ashley Miller

Ashley Miller Registered Member

Hi there. I am really sorry you guys feel this way about Auslogics! Let me try to shed some light on how this works with our company. The auto renewal is something that you agree to in the T&C when you make the initial purchase. It is also something that can be disabled any time. Avangate (our authorized vendor) sends out a notice of the upcoming renewal 1 week in advance, and if you don’t want to mess with going to your online account with them, you can simply reply to the message asking not to renew, or at any time write a note to Auslogics tech support with this request. Our tech support responds to all emails it receives – this is monitored and ensured by quality control. The reason someone may not get a response from our tech support could be – a) your message not getting to us (being sent to a wrong address or not being delivered for whatever other reason), b) our response not getting to your inbox (being blocked by a spam filter, wrong email address specified in the online contact form, etc.). Another rare instance when you may have to wait a while for an email from us is when you report a complex bug that requires a lot of investigating for it to be fixed. But even then, you would at least get the acknowledgement that your letter has been received and forwarded to the development team for investigation and fixing. Zfactor, if you didn’t get a response from Auslogics tech support, it could be for one of these reasons. Sorry about that! You could try sending me a PM here with your email address, and I’ll forward it to our tech support.
    As for updates, as I mentioned earlier, the free products got updated because of them being part of the BoostSpeed package. Our development team is working on a bigger update for Disk Defrag Pro, but because of the program being more complex, it is taking longer. The update should be out pretty soon.
    There are various reasons why Disk Defrag Pro is not part of the BoostSpeed package, the most important being that it has so many features that including it would overcomplicate BoostSpeed, while BoostSpeed’s purpose is making maintenance and optimization easy for PC users. Disk Defrag Pro is for users who like using advanced features and customizing every aspect of the program. It would be really hard to integrate it into BoostSpeed while preserving all of its functionality.
    I hope this answers some of the questions you had. Once again, I am sorry for the way you feel about buying Auslogics products. If there is anything I could do to make you feel better about my company, please let me know. I would love to try!

6. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Hi Ashley, I will PM you a copy of the latest email that I received from Avangate along with my order number that is referenced in the email, and maybe you can do something to stop the emails regarding re-payment of the money that Paypal returned to me.

Thank you in advance!

Darryl

7. Ashley Miller

Got the message, thanks! Will work on it.

8. zfactor

i sent you a pm with all info i have. if you need more please let me know asap!

my orders were placed with paypal payment and the account used it NO LONGER active so even if they try to re-bill me they will not get anything i will also contact paypal to notify them that this is not to be billed just in case. i NEVER buy auto renewal software and i saw nothing and nowhere did it mention any kind of auto renewal during the purchase, just so you know this was through majorgeeks.com which send you to the v3 cleverbridge site. it was not paid for by avangate at all and when i go to the avangate site to try and pull up the order it says it does not exist, so not sure how i would do that through that site. again this was not paid for through avangate.

thank you for any help.

9. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

I love this much better than the typical Windows version, and it speeds up my computer!

10. Ashley Miller

Got your message too, thanks! Will check with our tech support on your account status and get back to you.

11. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Hi Ashley..
    I too purchased disk defrag in march this year through cleverbridge ,using paypal ,and didnt see any info regarding auto renewals,or in the invoice that i recieved from cleverbridge?.Looking at your purchase page i can see that indeed there is annual subscription shown,though i can honestly say that i missed that at the time and probably wouldnt have purchased had i seen it.That isnt any reflection on your product ,but i dont like any auto renewals either ,and really think that auto renewal info should be more prominently shown on the website.Should i contact auslogics support or is auto renewal only when using avangate?
    thanks

12. zfactor

i contacted avangate to ask and was told the order and reference number i was given do not correspond to a avangate order. they told me to contact auslogics directly for further info and or issues. can ashley explain this? as they seem to have no way to access the celeverbridge purchases or thats the info i was told.

13. Ashley Miller

Hi there. If you could PM me with the order number or your email address, I could check with our tech support to see if your order is in our database and whether it is set to autorenew. If your order was processed by Cleverbridge, chances are you didn't buy the software from our website, but got it through a reseller. In this case it is unlikely you have autorenewal enabled, but you could contact Cleverbridge or the reseller to double-check. Or you could send me a PM with more details and I'll be happy to check what info we may have on it.

14. Ashley Miller

DBone, Zfactor: I've replied to your PM's. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with - I'll be happy to.

15. zfactor

when contacting cleverbridge they are telling me i have to contact auslogics. so what do i do now? they said they were unshure if it was a auto renew policy as that depends on the software author in many cases??

16. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Ashley, thanks for all of your help in resolving this for me, it is greatly appreciated. :D I certainly feel much better about Auslogics now! :thumb:

17. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Ive uninstalled the auslogics program as the adware in the GUI was driving me nuts.Trying to get me to download a registry cleaner etc.
    Ive installed an old favourite of mine which is o&o defrag free and it seems to do a very good job.
    Regards.:thumb:

18. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I'm using the free version, and don't see any adware.

19. The Red Moon

Yes if you look through the program it does suggest downloading the registry cleaner.It performs a scan and shows suggested errors.bottom of the user interface.Anyway O&O is pretty decent plus its german software so should be very reliable.
    Regards.:thumb:

20. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

You're right, in that if you click the Advanced Tab, then Optimize or Anti virus, it will take you to an ad to sell you the appropriate software. Having done that once, if you don't want to see those 2 Ads again don't click the Advanced tab any more. I don't see how it can drive you nuts. :D

21. The Red Moon

The point being is i dont expect to go through this program and see anti virus and registry cleaning crap which registry cleaners are.they are just fake.All i wanted is a defragging tool and not have scans running instructing me i need to download this and download that.it is approaching "scareware" in its methods.
    Regards.:thumb: :ninja:

22. Ashley Miller

Thanks DBone! I'm glad I could help. :)

23. Ashley Miller

I'm sorry for being late responding, was away yesterday. I've checked with our technical support on the various channels our software is distributed through and can say now that none of the orders processed by Cleverbridge have autorenewal enabled. So if you have Cleverbridge on your receipt, then it would mean your license will not autorenew.
    Thank you guys for patiently waiting for this answer! :)

24. zfactor

thank you when the updates is released i may reinstall it and see what it looks like again. the main thing that got me upset was the fee version got official compatibility with win 8 among many other updates while us paid users are still waiting for anything to be updated at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.