Auslogics BoostSpeed

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by The Hammer, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Actually, to be more specific, it's called a deceptive advertisement.

2. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

As with almost all things, it depends on the individual. To the untrained eye (aka, the noob), registry cleaners can no doubt cripple their boxes. Especially when checking "advanced" options.

But when installing/uninstalling programs, it may not increase performance, but it does increase your chances for stability by cleaning up leftover junk before hand. Especially if you're jumping from one AV to another frequently, trying out new programs, etc...

3. Aventador

Aventador Registered Member

The world is full of deceptions. Life is full of deceptions. But its up to you to use common sense and not fall for deceptions. Its called life lessons and maturity.

4. acr1965

Great point :rolleyes: Thank you Martha Stewart, or whoever you think you are :argh:

5. Aventador

Aventador Registered Member

A man who is obviously smarter then you to know how to decipher between everyday advertising and a deception. How exactly is Auslogics any different then any other company that puts advertising into there products. Heck Avast and AVG do.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  6. acr1965

There's a difference between product A having an ad to upgrade to their paid product vs. product B showing a fake system scan with false and misleading "results" and urging a user to click a link which takes the user to a paid product. Unfortunately, if you do not understand that difference there is nothing I can do.

BTW- my six year old points out the differences in then/than as well as there/their/they're. It's not that I am a perfect speller or have any great grasp of the English language; but when a person points a finger and states "A man is is obviously smarter then you..." it is usually a good idea to cover the basics on your end. Otherwise your post carries the same credibility as that fake Auslogics disk scan which started this whole back and forth.

7. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

BoostSpeed?
    Simply buy a ssd :thumb: this is the real turbo
    This placebo software is crapware
    I only use CCleaner registry part only to take care of leftovers, and is almost safe program, not aggressive cleaner
    Other makes nothing more than waste your time

8. CCleaner
    Jetclean
    Bleechbit
    Wise Disk Cleaner
    Auslogics Registry Cleaner
    BCwipe

Only tools I use, all free except BCWIPE,

& I agree buy a SSD if you want to optimize your system.

9. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Ccleaner is about the safest tool out of that list.
    The rest is pure crapware and you have been very lucky so far as to have a bootable computer.
    All the best.:thumb:

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I use Auslogic disk defrag on my netbook because it is faster than the Win 7 and saw an add for BoostSpeed. I had no plans to purchase, just curious. Thanks to all for the replies.

11. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

What do you say that? I highly doubt that any of these would leave a computer unbootable. Auslogics is one the few safe registry cleaners. The others are disk cleaners and I'm not aware of any instances of disk cleaners rendering a computer unbootable.

If you don't like the other programs that's fine. But that is also no reason to criticise other programs without providing any basis for your claims.

12. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Disagree regarding Auslogics Registry Cleaner. IMO it's as safe as CCleaner, but more thorough... it won't nuke anything vital. Good program. So is their defragger.

Also I trust Revo Uninstaller's advanced mode.

These are the only 3 programs I'll trust to touch my registry. After using them I still go in there myself to see what they missed though.

13. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Yes they are all good programs. I'm using Geek Uninstaller instead of Revo at the moment. But Revo is an excellent program and usually finds more leftovers then other uninstallers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.