Attributes Corrupted Error Message

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by charles_net, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charles_net

charles_net Registered Member

Trying to migrate from a Hitachi DK23DA-20 (20 gig) drive to a Hitachi DK23DA-40 (40 gig) drive on a Dell Latitude CPX machine plugged into CDock II docking station.

This is a new 40 gig drive from Dell which has been tested with Dell diagnostics and had a fresh copy of WinXP professional. I currently an running off a 20 gig drive with Win2K installed (10 gig NFTS partion drive C) and 10 gig Fat32 partion drive D).

Hoping to get lucky, I tried to install a true image of my original drive C on the 40 gig drive. Everything seemed to work but then I got error messages about partion size / file system and attributes being corrupted. I figured I'd correct the size differences after completing the install but after that error message, the drive would not boot XP any more and just said 'error loading operating system' At this point, I ran Partion Magic on the 40 gig drive and it reported no errors. I then allocated a 10 gig NFTS partion and a Fat 32 partion, tried True Image install again, gog the same errors.

So, I purchased MigrateEasy, put the 40 Gig drive into the modular CDock expansion Bay and ran MigrateEasy.

After the first reboot and locking the drive, I got the message "Attribute Error" and then another reboot with the message 'MigrateEasy' completed.

Of course, nothing has been done to the 40 gig drive at this point.
    I suspect that trying to run TrueImage corrupted the 'attributes information' on the 40 gig drive.

And, if this is the case, how does one re-initialize attributes on a drive?

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello charles_net,

Thank you for using Acronis products (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

Could you please let us know the build number of Acronis True Image, which you can find in the Help -> About dialog (it should be a 3-digit number)?

Could you please download the Acronis Report utility available at http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report (usually named 'report.txt') and send it to support@acronis.com along with the reference to this thread? This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure. Please note that this report should be created when both your drives are connected to your laptop.

Please also note that Acronis Migrate Easy is integrated into Acronis True Image (starting from the 7.0 version) as a separate "Disk Clone" wizard.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.