Attention! ESS5.0.95 freezes PC

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by MariusK, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MariusK

MariusK Registered Member

Hello. I uninstalled ESS4 and installed ESS5.095. So its clean install? Then i turned on all ESS features and restarted my PC. After restart i connected my internet cable and my PC freezes with no connection to the internet. After some hard work i turned off Windows Defender and Windows Firewall. Still no luck with ESS5 - PC freezes when i connect internet cable. Is it any way to fix this issue?

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32bit.

On other forums i see more people with same problem and no one knows solution.

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does it happen with default settings after performing a clean install of v5 ?

4. MariusK

I didn't try this. Maybe later i will try to disable feature after feature to find out wich feature causes these hangs...

If i uninstall ESS without disabled service, it will keep old service even for new installation?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you want to make sure that you perform a truly fresh install, download and run the ESET Uninstall tool as per the instructions here.

6. MariusK

I disabled Eset service, uninstalled ESS5.0.95, cleaned registry entries and then installed same ESS5.0.95. Now it seems all is ok and running well.

Thank you for help. :)

Maybe someone (administrator or moderator) can make this tread sticky? So other people like me can easy find this solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.