A cousin of mine posted this on the Gladiator Ten Forward Forum. I thought it was worth posting here if it will save someone's dog or cat. greyfox Quote: Tuesday of last week I applied Hartz Advanced flea control drops on my cat, Blackie. On Friday Night (just past), Our 2 yr old healthy cat began to convulse and then go into violent seizures. He shook violently as I stood by in horror and he may now have permanent neurological damage.I had to run Him to the Emergency vet room Friday night, where I stayed and prayed for hours and left with the diagnosis that he had been poisoned by the chemical Phenothrin. The active ingrediant found in Hartz products...I applied it as the label said. Visit www.hartzvictims.org for more info/horror stories of cats and dogs alike. After much research I have discovered that Hartz uses a pesticide that is BANNED by the FDA and EPA,yet it continues daily to kill loved pets. Phenothrin is 85.7% the active ingredient and is also a neural-inturrupter that has been banned by the EPA to use on lawns. HEY! but you can dump it on your cat! I am beside myself with guilt, sick to my stomach and LIVID at the same time. The vet trips are just beginning, the bills are huge - and this product sits on our shelves all the while. Spread the word to any other cat/dog/any pet owners NOT to use ANY PRODUCT made by Hartz it is still uncertain if he will live, or have permanent neurological damage. I'm suing HARTZ mountain CORP and I have talked to the EPA and the ASPCA animal poison control center.