attempt to mount backup archive results in crash

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by urban.novak, May 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urban.novak

urban.novak Registered Member

I've created backup archive from all files and folders on my data drive. When i try to mount it True Image applications crashes. I've verified that backup archive is valid and it's possible to succesfully restore files in archive. Is mounting of backups of files and folders supported? Or am I doing something wrong? Is there any other way to browse content of backup image? Mounting of backups of entire disk content or individual partition works fine for me.

I'm using True Image version 9.1 build 3534 on Windows XP.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I don't think you can mount a Files and Folders backup. You have to recover your files by going through the Recovery Wizard. It will recognize the archive as Files and Folders and act accordingly.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello urban.novak,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download and install the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/

As seekforever said above, if a backup archive is created from individual files or folders, then Acronis True Image cannot mount it. In this case, if some data from this archive must be restored, use the "Recovery" wizard to restore the needed files or folders. You will be able to see the contents of this archive and choose files or folders you want to restore.

Please take a look at this FAQ article.

You can also find more information on how to use Acronis True Image in the respective User's Guide.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.