Attack site (fgg.js...)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by huangzhengliang, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huangzhengliang

huangzhengliang Registered Member

Hey.
    I'm wondering if ESET AV is protecting my computer against such an attack. I visit an infected site and Firefox reports that it's an attack site. Somebody's virus program reports it as net-worm.js.aspxor.a. Here's a bit on it http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20080716/tc_pcworld/148503. Many have reported that NOD32 doesn't detect it yet.
    The thing is I've ignored the firefox warning once and visited it to check computer part prices. Silly me, I've had no problems with the site before so I thought it was fine until people started talking about it in forums a day later. I've searched my C drive for b.js, ngg.js and fgg.js and they weren't found. Does this mean I'm free of the trojan? Somebody has reported a misuse of their bank account and had visited an infected site. I'm just about to check my bank account but just ensuring that it's safe to do so before I do it.

2. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

Are you using the NoScript plugin in FF?
    From the looks of the filenames you mention I gather that it is a JavaScript-based attack. NoScript would normally have prevented the execution of these scripts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.