ATIv10 won't back up application settings

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by john_o, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

Sounds like an awful lot of faff to me. Why not set the accounts up as IMAP rather than POP3? Your message store is then held on your ISP's server and it makes absolutely no difference which computer you use to access your email. This isn't a TI issue though, so perhaps best discussed 'back home'.

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Applications settings backup is something that has been added quite late in the TI life span. It either originated from a wish list request or was added because it was being offered elsewhere.
    It really is a bit of dross that should never have been included. The backup is generic and so only applies to the applications that Acronis have chosen to support.

This kind of backup has very limited uses, all of which can be covered by a full drive or partition backup. There then is no doubt or confusion as to what is included as it is all there.

Earthling's point about email is right to the point. All my emails are kept on the ISP's server so I can download them to any/all of my computers wherever they are. They are of course also included in my regular hard drive backups so why make life more complicated than it is?

Xpilot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.