ATI v10 does not restore after reboot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nealf, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nealf

nealf Registered Member

Hello,
    I created a differential backup and when I try to restore it it asks me to reboot. I do this and then nothing happens. Size of the partition to restore in 74GB.
    I tried restoring and rebooting several times but nothing, I also verified the images with Acornis tool and the images are good.
    I am running the latest build of ATI v10.
    Any suggestion? Please assist me.
    Thanks.

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Boot from the Acronie Rescue CD and try the restore. This will take Windows out of the picture. If you are restoring the system partition, then the Rescue CD will work best.

3. nealf

nealf Registered Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. I created the Rescue CD and booted from it, made it all the way to the "recovery page". When I hit next to start the recovery process I got a "Acronis found No Hard Drives" error message.

I tried this a couple of times and notice that during the Acronis boot-up process my SATA HDD's were not detected. However I can boot into Windows just fine so it not my bios.

I wonder if v10 supports SATA HDD's using the rescue cd?
    Any other suggestions or do I need to upgrade to ATI 2009?

4. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

It should, download the trial for ATI 2009, install it on a dummy PC just to create a Rescue CD and then use that on your machine if it is able to initiate the restoration.

5. nealf

nealf Registered Member

I googled the problem and happened upon the fix ..... create the rescue cd using SAFE version not FULL version.

It seems SAFE version has windows drivers (including SATA support) and the FULL mode is Linux based so it does not.

I did this and then tried recovery and all my SATA HDD's were recognized and the recovery went smoothly.

Thanks for the assistance and this fix should work for other people too, it should work on other versions of ATI as well.

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

NOt quite. Safe Mode uses a simpler OS and relies on the BIOS for hardware interaction instead of OS drivers. So what Safe MOde can handle depnds onwhat your BIOS can handle directdly.

7. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

The safe version from from the knowledgebase is based on DOS which does not have drivers for most NICs, USB2s, etc.

I'm surprised that it detected the SATA HD....

8. nealf

nealf Registered Member

Yup it says no USB, firewire support etc ... but it detected my internal SATA HDD's just fine and the restore worked like a charm.

First time on any product where the Safe mode actually has an additional feature over the full mode (very counter-intuitive). :p

I got this fix from someone who used it on ATI v.9. I'm gonna stick with my current version and just use safe mode whenever a restore is required.

9. shieber

shieber Registered Member

It didn't have an additonal feature. Your BIOS directly supports the hardware in question. Sometimes that's the easiest route to go. Some BIOSs will support USB too so, even though ATI Safe Mode itself doesn't provide any support for it, it can work sometimes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.