ATI Removal conflict with Rollback?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Baldrick, Oct 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Hi

I have ATI 11 installed (used for imaging) but now that I have installed Rollback Rx I am thinking of uninstalling ATI (especially since I believe that the two installed together may be the reason for an increased system boot time since Rollback was installed...snapman.sys may be the culprit).

Question is therefore do I have to uninstall Rollback before I uninstall ATI given that both delve into and potential change the MBR. Or can I just uninstall ATI as normal (and then manually remove the dregs, ie, snapman.sys) o_O

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

No you shouldn't have to uninstall rollback.It should simply be a case of doing a standard ATI uninstall. You could always just rollback to a snapshot before you installed ATI (assuming you installed rollback first of course :)).

3. Baldrick

Thanks, will give it a go (after taking a full image with Rollback...of. course;) )

4. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

When I removed ATI with EF active, it seemed to uninstall ok but I have since noticed that there are several 'Acronis' registry entries that were orphaned and can't be removed (they produce an error on any removal attempt)! :doubt:

5. Jo Ann

Jo Ann Registered Member

Aaron,

The problem you will usually run into with such difficulties is one of permissions. Once you have found the entry in regedit, try right-clicking on it and setting the permissions to 'full control'. That may do the trick. ;)

JA

6. Baldrick

Thanks for the replies Both

Decided to do some 'trawling' on this subject and cam up with the following:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1120006&postcount=4

This may be of assistance Aaron re. seeing if and how it handles those Registry entries that you referred to.

I plan to do a normal uninstall using the uninstaller provided and then double check the instructions provided to make sure that all is removed.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.