ATI home 2009 cannot edit a backup task

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by davidxtaylor, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidxtaylor

davidxtaylor Registered Member

I created a backup task, specifying automatic consolidation. I made a mistake with this and set the space limit too low so it went and consolidated first time.

But now I cannot edit the task.

I rh click Edit, but the Optional steps are greyed out. I click on Target Archive to activate them. I do not want to change the name or location of the archive. But soon as I try to click one of the Optional steps I get an error message telling me that the selected file name is an Incremental archive. This of course it is.

It seems that the only way to edit a task is to create a new one in a new place with a new name.

Is this behaviour by design?

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Oh yes, I meant to that. That was on purpose. And my girlfiend is, uh, she's Morgan Fairchild. Yeah! That's the ticket.

3. BobP77

BobP77 Registered Member

I can edit the task which ATI 2009 created with it's "One Click Protection" thing, but I can't edit my "old" tasks from ATI 11. When I right-click on any of those, nothing is greyed out in the popup menu, but when I click on Edit, nothing happens, the backup Wizard does not start.

With the task which ATI 2009 itself created, I can Edit it, and the Backup Wizard starts. Yes, the optional steps are at first greyed out, but when I hit Next, then they become available.

Anyone know why I can't edit the old tasks? I'll wait first to see if they run at their scheduled times, but guess I have to re-create them?

- Bob

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Heck, I had probs editing new (ATI12/2009) tasks much less old (version ATI11) ones, when using ATI12/2009. Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard, report to programming department immediately.

5. BobP77

BobP77 Registered Member

Yes, well, right, I've gone back to ATI 11 for now. Editing tasks plus volume names not displaying at restore, zapping the registry to get USB card readers to read, etc. I don't mind fooling with the registry if it's beta software, in fact I expect things like that, but not in an officially released product.

- Bob

6. EddieA

EddieA Registered Member

Don't just try and "click through" on the Target Archive tab. Hit Select, for the "Archive to update", and select the current one. Then you can move forward to the other options.

Note. I found this by experimentation, when trying to see how I had set up a task. I haven't actually "saved" a task I modified this way, so I can't guarantee that the updates will work, or if they apply to the current archives.

Cheers,
    Eddie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.