ATI Home 2009 - Cannot Backup to FTP

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by FredGarvin, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FredGarvin

FredGarvin Registered Member

When attempting a test backup of one small file to FTP, I recieve the error message "You cannot create files in the folder ftp://www.mysite.net."

I'm able to create the FTP connection in ATI; the connection/authentication test is successful. My site is hosted by GoDaddy.com, and I can transfer files successfully using FileZilla when set to a passive connection. My OS is Vista Home Premium SP1; I can also create the connection and transfer files via Windows.

I'm using the trial version build 9709. I've purchased the full version from Best Buy, but I'm not going to break the shrinkwrap until I'm confident I can backup to FTP as advertised.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thank you!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello FredGarvin,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

When backing up to FTP, Acronis True Image automatically splits backup archives to 2 GB volumes. Acronis True Image does not create a new control connection when the server drops the first one due to timeout.

As a workaround, try doing the following:

• Increase timeout for idle control connection in the settings of FTP server;
    • Set the size value in Archive splitting settings to 200 MB (Tools -> Options -> Default backup options).

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. ebeighe

ebeighe Registered Member

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.