ATI Echo workstation remote connection errors.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by weezzelboy, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weezzelboy

weezzelboy Registered Member

Hello Acronis,

I am new to this software, I was excited to find a system that would allow me to backup several Windows PC to me Local Sever, As i installed ATI Echo workstation Management Console & Backup server on my Windows 2003 Enterprise Server SP2 which is on a workgroup, and tried to conect to the 5 PC that are shown in the list on left side of Management Console to install the windows client, it asks for a user/pass to conenect to them. I enter in the correct cordentials and click connect but i get an error.. Thus as follows...

E00010000: Remote installation to "SAMSON" failed.

Access is denied (0xFFF0)
    code = 80070005)
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB8AF
    Press Retry to try again, or press Ignore to skip current computer, or press Ignore All to skip all failed computers, or press Other user for new user name and password, or press Cancel to cancel group remote installation.

I don't understand this, thay are all reachable in my workgroup and i have full Admin Prives do do anything on them i wish but ATI workstation will not connect to them.. My windows firewall is set up as pointed out in the in this Link..
    http://us1.download.acronis.com/pdf/TrueImageCorporateWorkstationEcho_ug.en.pdf

Oh yeah i forgot to mention that the build i am using is.. Acronis True Image Echo Workstation v9.5.8018
    Please help i would love to get this running and buy the whole setup..

Thank you
    Timothy Whitehill

http://www.koinoniacomputer.com

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

1. Is ImageAgent installed on all computers?

2. Have you tried logging on using the domain (if on a domain) \user_name in the log on box -eg. MY_DOMAIN\SAMSON

3. Check that the other computers are not blocking the ports or IP's that TI uses. They should be listed in the manual, and are listed in the FAQ's on the Acronis website.

4. Make sure that ImageAgent in services.msc does have you listed in the log on section.

5. Someone here did find a strange thing that caused this problem to happen, but I can't recall what they found - a search should bring it up, it was this year.

Colin

3. weezzelboy

Do the admins of this fourm not care enough to even post some kind of HELP?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello weezzelboy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please note that the firewall has to be set up the same way on all computers involved.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post on the computer where you try to install Acronis True Image Agent.

Please also do the following:

- Open Administrative Tools in the Control Panel;
    - Select Local Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment;
    - Click on the name of the folder (User Rights Assignment) and select Export List...

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. weezzelboy

Sir,

No offence, but i am not a novice at computers I run my own computer repair shop, hence this is why i was wanting to use this software... Do to the long delay in Acronis's responce my trial time has ended, So i can no longer even atemp to resolve this issues, It is a shame for Acronis because i will not be wasting my company's money on something i can't even get to work to eval before the time trial expires. Maybe this would not happen if the support would post a resolution to a LONG term on going Issue since 2006 as stated in your forum..

I hope you guys take this to heart, and not get offened, but why should i use this software, I followed the install guide to the T and still you tell me it is my firewall, is that a joke or the best resolution you can come up with?

Timothy Whitehill

www.koinoniacomputer.com

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello weezzelboy,

We recommend you to submit a request for technical support anyway. Since the issue you encountered prevented you from fully using the trial, we will provide you with a prolonged trial serial number. Please attach all information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.