ATI does not find my HDD on Lenovo SL500

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tpmasch, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tpmasch

tpmasch Registered Member

I am using Acronis True Image Home Version 9 build 3854 on a Lenovo SL500 running XP SP3. When I try to restore an archive from my hard drive I get an error ‘ACPI: Could not use ECDT’ and the process aborts. When I use to Rescue Disk and boot from the CD I get the same error.

After searching on the web I found an article by Alexey Popov dated August 25, 2005. He referred the original customer to an Acronis Help Post. After reading that article I tried the suggestion of modifying the Linux Kernel Command Line to ‘quiet acpi=off noapic’. Now the Recovery Procedure will run from the Rescue Disk. The problem is that it identifies my external drive as C: instead of T:. The Archive Selection Screen lists my external hard drive as C: When I get to the Restored Partition Location screen it also list my external drive as C: and does not list my hard drive.

What do I need to do? Will a newer version of the software solve this problem?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Your Laptop drive is probably a Sata type and you will have to load the sata drivers before the True Image program loads. It's either that or ver 9 doesn't support Sata at all.

3. tpmasch

Where and when do I load the sata drivers?

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Sorry, I don't use sata. But many others here probably do, so hopefully they will pop in with an answer.

5. tpmasch

I just downloaded a trial copy of the new version ATI 2009. It seems to work so I conclude that my old reliable software is just too old. Thanks for your input. I never would have guessed that a new type of HDD would be a problem.

Thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.