ATI Catalyst Users !

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by siliconman01, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

2. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

what were the issues that some people were experiencing with the 4.10 drivers? i use ati, and so i am interested.. i am not sure which radeon drivers i currently have installed..

3. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

I have an Asus Radeon 9600XT and used to use ATI drivers and did have blue screens so I decided to use Asus drivers instead and found that now my system is much more stable without anymore bsod's. As well the Asus enhanced driver gives a quality of dvd playback that is just stunning - better than anything ATI are offering.

So I suggest that those who are using Radeon cards but from a different manufacturer not use ATI drivers if their manufacturer is providing them. There are differences in graphics cards and some cards come with special options and tools that are only available with their original drivers. As well stability is far more enhanced I believe if the manufactureres drivers are used as I have found this to be the case from personal experience. ATI drivers did work with my card but from time to time I had crashes.

Dave

4. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Redwolfe_98,

I recall that most of the posts concerning the ATI Catalyst 4.10 problems were concerning the use of the Control Center between PG and Version 4.10.

I haven't updated yet to Version 4.11 and may not because there are still some "known issues" in the new release that I feel should be resolved prior to making the next upgrade. So I am still using the V4.10 drivers. From the Hardware Device Manager info for the Display Adapters, the actual driver version number is 6.14.10.6483 for the ATI Catalyst 4.10 release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.