ATI and Windows cid

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hitech444, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hitech444

hitech444 Registered Member

Hi,
    I want to ask about Windows cid. What happens when you restore a backup on a different machine. I read that you can use sysprep to do it manually or let ATI do a cid change automatically...

Thanx

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hitech444,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Backup software.

I think you are talking about Windows SID. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Here are some extracts from Acronis True Image Echo Workstation User's Guide about Universal Restore and Syprep.

Acronis Universal Restore is not a system preparation tool. You can apply it to any system image created by Acronis products, including images prepared with Microsoft System Preparation Tool (Sysprep). The following is an example of using both tools on the same system. Acronis Universal Restore does not strip security identifier (SID) and user profile settings in order to run the system immediately after recovery without re-joining the domain or remapping network user profiles. If you are going to change the above settings on a recovered system, you can prepare the system with Sysprep, image it and restore, if need be, using Acronis Universal Restore.

SID can be changed after restoring to another machine. The only thing you should do to let the program change Windows SID is to set "Change SID after restoration is finished" option to "enabled". This option can be found in Tools -> Options -> Default restoration options -> Additional settings.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.