ATI 8.0 Cannot create bootable disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by arf1410, Oct 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arf1410

arf1410 Registered Member

I try to create a bootable disk with 8.0 v937, and my system just hangs...Any suggestions? Can I create CD on different PC?

I created a bootable CD 3 months ago, on a different PC - are these bootable CDs "generic"? It does appear to work on this CD...

I have the ATI 8.0 originally purchased CD - build 907?) and it is a bootable CD. Will this work fine as a rescue CD?

2. Othmar

Othmar Guest

if you still do have the 3 months old CD, why don't you give it a try (I'd assume it should work)?

Besides, go to http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ and make yourself familiar with the Bart PE CD - Acronis has an official Plugin available (although it's 'only' TI8 but that matches what you have)... this combination is the fastest for me. Runnung a full backup of my 40GB of data to my external USB2 drive takes approximately:

2 hrs when run from the Acronis/Linux CD
    1 hr when run from the WIN XP installed program
    1/2 hr when run from the Bart PE Acronis plugin

Cheers: Othmar

3. PhantomVette

PhantomVette Registered Member

Othmar,

I do not know what compression you are using but I am able to use the scheduled backup with TI8 in Windoze XP with no compression and achieve an 11 minute backup of a 23 GB hard drive (to another hard drive). That speed sounds like an improvement to your BartPE installation. Just a thought.

4. Othmar

Othmar Guest

Thank you for the information, PhantomVette. I _assume_ that might have something to do with the fact that I am backing up to an external USB2 disk. With being on a notebook, I can't really backup to a second internal disk (and, having had several physically dead HDDs over the last years, I'd not feel comfortable backing up to a 2nd partition on my internal drive).

Re settings, I tend to leave everything pretty much unchanged, so compression is standard/normal, whatever it is called. The notebook is state of the art, few months old Fujitsu-Siemens.

Cheers: Othmar

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Yes, you can create the CD on any PC. It is generic.

If you are still using Build 907, the original TI CD will work as a Rescue CD. If you upgrade to a newer build of TI, you should create a new Rescue CD from within that build.

6. arf1410

so if I made teh bootable disk with build 907, it will not work if PC is running build 937?

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello arf1410,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

1. Yes, you can create Bootable Rescue CD on any other PC, since it is Linux based and has it's own assortment of drivers.

2. Yes, Bootable Rescue CD will work independently of the build number of the installed software. By the way, you can use Bootable Rescue CD without even having the software installed on this particular machine.

3. Yes, we recommend you to create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update (new build), since it usually has better hardware support and some minor problems fixed. However, if the "old" rescue disc works fine for you, it is no obligatory to create new one.

Please be aware that according to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per every computer where it will be used. This applies to rescue disc as well.

4. If you encounter a problem trying to create Bootable Rescue CD then please take a look at this previous post of mine. If it does not help then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also do the following:

- Start command prompt;
    - Go to \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\CDRecord folder;
    - Run "cdrecord –scanbus > scanbus.txt" command and collect the scanbus.txt file.

Please also do the following in order to enable mini-dumps:

- Open Computer properties either by right clicking on My Computer icon and choosing Properties or by opening System properties in Control Panel;
    - Go to Advanced tab;
    - Press Startup and Recover Settings button;
    - Choose Small memory dump in Write debugging information box;
    - Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons.

Reproduce the system crash and collect the mini-dumps created.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

8. Charlie Wisc.

Charlie Wisc. Registered Member

9. arf1410

Not a dell PC. In fact, boot disk creation does not work on either of my PCs (both with different MSI motherboards) using build 937. However, during a free trial earlier in teh year, and thus an earlier build of ATI 8.0, I was able to create a bootable rescue disk, which does appear to still work. However, there does not seem to be a good reason as to why I can't create a new bootable CD...

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello arf1410,

Could you please tell me whether you have followed the instructions posted by my colleague Alexey Popov? If it is so, please tell me the case number (#) of your support request to the Acronis technical support team?

Thank you.
    _ _
    Alexander Fedotov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.