ATI 2009 Restore button disabled

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Treogen, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Treogen

Treogen Registered Member

Hi,

when I try to restore files with the rescue media CD, I only have the option to restore to another location. The button for the original location is always disabled.
    Does somebody know the reason why?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Treogen,

Thank you very much for choosing Acronis Home Products!

Could you please clarify if you are trying to recover the image on same system and hard drivers or not? Is there any file system and operating system on the destination hard drive or not? Please also make sure that you are using the latest build of the software (9615) that is available at our web site.

Best regards,
    Vladimir Lyapunov

3. Treogen

Treogen Registered Member

Hello Vladimir,

yes, the restore is on the same system. Actually, right after the backup without rebooting. There's no operating system on the specific disk. It's just one large (1TB) primary partition formatted with NTFS that I use to store everything. But it doesn't matter if I backup some files from my system partition on another disk and try to restore them - the button's disabled as well.
    Meanwhile, I created a rescue media with the BartPE plugin and interestingly it shows the same behavior as the Linux based rescue media. The button for restoring to the original location is always disabled. I can only choose another location but then it doesn't matter if I choose the original location as the other location.
    If I use the windows version of ATIH 2009 I can restore to the original location or another location. I'm using the most recent build as well.
    I wonder if it makes a difference for the rescue media that I configured my SATA drives to AHCI mode in the bios.

Cheers
    Treogen

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Treogen,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

The issue needs a separate attention. Please submit a request to Acronis Customer Service Department here

Thank you.

__

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.