ATI 2009 does not backup specified data

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by avecchio, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avecchio

avecchio Registered Member

Hi, I am running the latest build of ATI 2009 on a Vista Home Premium 64 bit system. I created 2 new categories for my Firefox and Thunderbird bookmarks/emails. I then created a backup selecting the 2 new categories and my entire E & F drives. The target is a 1 TB external hard drive with about 600 MB of free space. When I ran the backup, it backed up the 2 new categories but not my E & F drives.

I have attached the original definition, the log (where you can see it locked drives E & F, so it did know about them) and the result shown in what is available to restore.

Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. night_2004

night_2004 Registered Member

This is the "file selection bug." You are doing everything right, it is just that Acronis is not.

The problem has been documented in at least two product reviews that I am aware of. Here, and here. It appears that you might have found another way to trigger the bug. I wouldn't trust the file backup feature in Acronis, period.

If you need to back up specific files, I would suggest moving them all to one partition and then just doing a partition level backup. If you cannot do that, you might need to find another product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.