ATI 10 : Upgrade Offer

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by phasechange, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phasechange

phasechange Registered Member

Hi!

Ok so ATI 10 doesn't support Intel 965 chipsets yet however I decided to take advantage of the upgrade offer and keep my fingers crossed. Here's the question. I have two ATI support accounts one for a full copy of ATI 7 and the other for a full copy of ATI 9. I'd like to use ATI on another machine (and would prefer to use a later version) so do I need to add my ATI 10 Upgrade licence key to the ATI7 registration or can I just add it to my ATI 9 support account and still get updates to 10 or does the upgrade stop my ability to download updates to 9?

I hope this is clear? Got full 7 + 9, got two PCs, got ATI 10 upgrade, still to register 10, should I add it to 7 or 9s support account? What would happen if I added it to 9s?

Thanks,
    Phasechange :ninja:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2007
  2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I doubt if you are going to see an upgrade to 9 but that is just my opinion.

Makes more sense to upgrade 7 though since if you go by the general industry upgrade rules you are not supposed to be using the previous version (that was upgraded) on a machine - it has now been replaced at a special price by the new version. The original full license and any upgrades only constitutes 1 license and if it is transferable you should give both the full and updates to the new owner.

That's how I see it.

3. phasechange

I reckon you're right. I'll upgrade 7. I may then ask Acronis if my two support accounts can be rationalized into one as I am planning on reducing my email addresses down from 2 to 1 when I move house this summer :D

UPDATE: I've emailed Acronis to see if I can consolidate my support accounts.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2007
  4. fritzman

fritzman Registered Member

Okay... that could explain a lot... (off-topic maybe, but hey... I'm a newb here)

I've spent the whole day battling with a 965 board, trying to reinstate an image created using a 975 board. Image verified perfectly on the 975 board when it was created, and I didn't even give a 2nd thought to the possibility that the 965 board might not be supported.

Any word on when 965 support is arriving?

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

My understanding is the world isn't quite ready for the 965 chipset yet.

sh

6. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Recently I have tended just to buy full products on special but previously when I have bought acronis upgrades all I have been asked to do is enter the new code and then any old code from a previous product - no actual need to have a previous acronis installed. So my guess is that the code for either 7 or 9 will when you install a 10 upgrade.

7. fritzman

fritzman Registered Member

Thankfully, TI9.1 worked perfectly on the 975 system, and I have now recovered everything across a gigabit network to the 965 machine. Glad to know my images weren't actually corrupt at all, just not being understood.

Whew!

Waiting for a 965 compatible version before I start overclocking seriously too much again.

8. phasechange

Glad to hear it's all worked out fine :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.