AT&T improves service security with encryption

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by ronjor, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20018761-17.html

2. chronomatic

chronomatic Registered Member

Not to sound tin-foil hatish, but I would not trust such a system. It wreaks of "Clipper Chip" and a backdoor. AT&T has already sold us down the river with room 641A (which is an NSA listening station in their San Fran office), so why should anyone trust them now? I'm sure this crypto tech is fine for keeping your wife's PI from discovering your mistress, but it wont be much good for anything else. If I were a corporate executive or a government representative, I definitely would not trust it.

3. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ chronomatic

You beat me to the punch, as you've encapsulated what i was going to say :thumb:

By the way, it's NOT tin-foil hatish ;) Only a few years back Lots of people would have panned us for even daring to suggest such things :p not anymore though, as we now have Plently of Evidence about exactly, what is/has been happening, and by who/why !

Another thing, if Saudia Arabia allows this, then you can bet it DOES have a backdoor :eek: We shall see ..........

4. chronomatic

chronomatic Registered Member

Yep, good point. You can add India to that list too (as they are among the nations wanting to force RIM to open up Blackberry).

5. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I like the NSA, and the FBI. I hope they find what they are looking for. I hate terrorist! On the other hand i like the ideal of having a security setup that repeals even the most elite of 3-letter agencies. I take pride in my security setup, and i'm sure all the regulars here at Wilders do. If I only had several Million dollars as my budget then i'm sure i could pull it off lol I guess i can keep dreaming.

P.S: Yes, there should be a reasonable expectation of privacy. I believe privacy is an important matter.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  6. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

I hate terrorists actions too.

Trouble is, people need to Truly discover why most, not all, but most terrorists do what they do.

Also a lot of people don't know that those 3 letter agencies have done, and still do, Many terrible/wicked things with Your tax $ against even their own citizens, yeah Really !

7. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

CloneRanger, a good way of putting it. I hate their actions. There are other things i would like to discuss with you about your statement of trying to understand why they do it, but it would involve religion and politics. It would be rather lengthy, and would probably break some of the forum rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.