At least 6 viruses skipped by NOD32 - for the first time I'm disappointed

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by k!b?, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

Uh.?? thanks for mentioning... I meant Ewido...of course... I changed in my post. I blame this mistake an a bottle of Nuit St. Georges. :)
    Ciao
    Itsme

2. k!b?

k!b? Registered Member

you see, I'm not pointing on improving AH by means of false positives and alike, but I'm pointing on what might be closed circle of AH missing some new viruses and then Eset not getting them through ThreatSense IF, and big IF, Eset is starting to much more rely on what TS is delivering(i'm just guessing - not critiquing). has any independant testing been done lately on how much (maybe) AH is or isn't missing? i would appreciate some links. untill yesterday I wasn't a tiny bit sceptic about it's efficiency, but...
    btw, I registered that lately pretty frequent AH ver. updates wich are nothing but a big PLUS :)
    yust keep improving nod.

of course name doesn't matter in that comparison, but size DOES, which only I was talking about.
    size info from samples marked as NewHeurPe moved to Quarantine(like services.exe, sndman.exe and volumec.exe) (and probably at that point also Restore catched them) during initial scan could be checked with size of viruses latter found by BD(those might be (by AH standards)non-working or corrupted clone's of that same "NewHeurPe" virus), so we could conclude that,after all, they were sent to Eset for analasys.
    but, I'm aware that all this is wild guessing without much sense now when all that files are gone. i also deleted those in quarantine...
    life goes on :)
    cheers to all

3. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Eset and all AV makers participating in Jotti's online scanner and Virustotal's always get sent copies of malware that other products detected but theirs missed so that is another way they get samples of new malware. Who knows what other research they do but I am sure they keep an eye on things

4. pc-support

pc-support Registered Member

Just out of curiosity (and Marcos should be able to answer this one) - How many submissions per day does Eset get from Threatsense?

5. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

Have to disagree. NOD is product name, ESET is vendor name.

6. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

With NOD being the only product Eset makes so they refer to the same product. But techinically yes you are correct. We already addressed it anyway and it was a mistake, he meant Ewido.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.