ASUS Z97M-PLUS

Discussion in 'hardware' started by DVD+R, May 7, 2015.

1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

There's a New BIOS update for My Board, however Bot My SSD's and My HDD's are configured in RAID 0
    If I were to disconnect these drives, and then perform the BIOS update, and set BIOS to RAID again, would My drives still be recognized and bootable etc... :doubt:

2. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I think you can backup your BIOS setting using the BIOS utility.

3. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

I don't know. Normally you would not need to disconnect your drives. I never do now, and never did with I ran RAIDs. But then I never ran with RAID0 because it is too risky and I value my data too much. That said, updating the BIOS is always risky even in ideal conditions and for sure, you should have a good backup.

However, why do you want to update the BIOS. Just because a new update is out there is NOT a valid reason. Most BIOS updates just add support for new CPUs and other devices that came out after the board was made. Unless an update addresses a specific problem you are having or a critical security issue (very rare) I don't recommend updating it.

Carver is right and you can backup your BIOS. But because striped RAID arrays are twice as vulnerable to corruption, I sure don't recommend this unless you really need the update.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.