ASUS Q-FAN Contol on ASUS P8Z68-V LX Motherboard

Discussion in 'hardware' started by DVD+R, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I just decided to see if I could disable the CPU Fan Control profile, bad I dea! it went Hyper on me, I think it would have took off before long lol, it was going that fast!. I did this because I read a few yes and no's about disabling Q-FAN, a Deffinate no in my case, anyone else had any similar experiences?

2. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

It sounds like to me the fan behaved exactly like it was supposed to - it ran at full speed. No harm in that. In fact, it likely would cool your CPU and surrounding components a bit better.

The primary reason for that control is noise control (and battery life for notebooks). My point is, it is never a "bad" idea to increase cooling.

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

True enough Bill, but not to the extent that my pc sounds like an F-16 fly past lol...:p It's too noisy at Full Speed

4. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

Well, that could be a sign of impending bearing failure so keep an eye on your temperatures - essential anyway when lowering fan RPMs.

When it comes to overheating prevention or less noise, there is no choice, you must go for the cooler temps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.