Ashampoo's Winoptimizer Platinum 2 thoughts?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by acr1965, Dec 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Hello all. I have been trying some free products I have found across the web and ran into this product. This is supposed to have lots of bells and whistles and is a full commercial version for free (although they have an offer for their version 3 at a discount). I also have PC Tools Registry Mechanic 5 and Ccleaner. I need to get rid of some of these to clear up some space and it looks like Ashampoo's product possibly can do what Ccleaner and Reg Mech. 5 combined can do. So I basically am asking if anyone else has tried the Ashampoo Winoptimizer Platinum 2, and if so, their thoughts on its job in doing all it claims. Should I keep it and ditch the other two?

Also, if anyone has tried version 3 of Winoptimizer, is it worth the $9.99 upgrade cost?
    Thanks!

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Winoptimizer Platinum 2 has more features than CCleaner so if thats what u want, then get it.

i myself am fine with just ccleaner.

3. ASM

ASM Registered Member

You can download the trial and obtain a 40 days key. It is a decent Reg Cleaner with lot of decent function like DLL Cleaner, File Associator, Disk Defragmenter, System Tweak, Internet Tuner, File Wiper, File Splitter & Joiner, Encrypter & Decrypter...

If you like it, well it is not worth upgrading now... as Version 4 (Vista Ready) will be released on Jan 07... few days after MS release its Vista.:-* The upgrading cost about is USD $19.

I am an Ashampoo user:) and am satify with most of their products. Yu can try other products such as Ace Utilities by Acelogix Software or Advance System Optimizer by Systweak Inc; they are decent "all-in-one" system utility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.