ashampoo

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by waters, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waters

waters Registered Member

Anyone used it and set up rules for utorrent.I can see where you edit rules but can only set port.How do you set direction etc.I like pc tools firewall but will wait until they add application rules not just global

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi waters,
    I have not set this up for use with torrents clients etc. But from my last installation of this firewall, there was a need to check(tick) the option ~Accept incoming connections(server mode)~ at the bottom of the application rule to allow the inbound.

3. waters

waters Registered Member

Thanks,thought i would try this again and realise why i got rid before.Gone back again to pc tools.Hopefully the new features they are adding will be soon.I like comodo but its bloated compared to pctools.

4. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I gave ashampoo firewall a try today. I thought it was a very nice firewall except for one thing. For some reason with ashampoo running, AntiVir PE Premium starts to malfunction. The MailGuard disables. I thought that maybe it was just AntiVir and ashampoo not getting along, so I uninstalled AntiVir, and tried to install KAV 6. During the install, I got an KAV error message stating I wasn't connected to the internet. I had no problems connecting to the internet through my browser with ashampoo installed.

I uninstalled ashampoo, installed AntiVir, and everything was back to normal. I have no idea why AntiVir wouldn't work properly, or KAV 6 not install, with ashampoo running.

5. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi Graystoke,
    I did have problems with Ashampoo and NOD32~Imon (which where resolved with later builds) due to Ashampoo making changes/additions to the LSP. I dont know if this is related, I did not check on compatibilty with the AV`s you mention.

6. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Hi Stem

I installed ashampoo again last night with no AV installed on my computer. I decided to try NOD32 to see if it would install with ashampoo running. The install process went through with no problems. This morning I started up my computer, and got the NOD signature update. So things seem to working ok. I am going to uninstall NOD and then try to install KAV again, just to see what happens. If I don't try, I'll always wonder. ;) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.