Ashampoo Burning Studio 2009 for Free

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by renegade08, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Ok, I'm looking at the 2009 version and it gives me the same mp3 bit rate options :(. I admit I don't know much about ripping and burning, but I would at least want to rip music to 128kbps. Is there something I'm missing?

Burning2009.JPG

As a side note, I notice this download version is about 10MB larger in size. The 2009 version installed is 63.4MB in size.

2. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Interesting. Been following the bitrate discussion, for similar reasons to innerpeace, and decided to try this, using a random CD (Talking Heads 2nd album) and my results indicate a high bitrate is possible.
    I wonder if yours was limited by the original quality on the source?

Attached Files:

3. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

I have the same results as Tarq57.

Attached Files:

4. innerpeace

Hmmm... Thank you Tarq57 :thumb:. I wonder if it's because I've never went through with the installation of Windows Media Player? I've always used WinAmp as my media player with this nlited install of XP SP3 Home. I'm only guessing though. I'll have to try again, but not until tomorrow because it's late.

Thanks also to renegade08 for the confirmation of the bit rate and the thread/offer.

5. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

After having burnt 4 DVDs now, i can tell you one thing for sure. File verification is visibly improved. Also the buffer seems more stable. This verion is certainly improved. What remains to be see, is how it updates dvd data discs (i had some problem with that in the 6.75 version) and if it performs full deletion of RW dvds (it was doing it too quickly that i thought it wasn't the real "full deletion" thing).

6. innerpeace

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I still can't get the full rip bit rates you all are showing. Did you get them with the free version 6? I do know that my key is the same from 2 different email addys.

7. renegade08

I have same results with version 6.
    I really can't tell you why you can get full bit rates.

Do you have different DVD devices. If you have more than one try on all you have.
    Or try with different CD's (But i assume that you have already tried this above).:doubt:

Attached Files:

8. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Innerpeace, what are you ripping from?
    Could the quality of the media be limiting the available bitrate? Tried different CDs?

9. rpsgc

rpsgc Registered Member

I can also select up to 320kbps.

Innerpeace, maybe try reinstalling it, see if that works. If all else fails, use Exact Audio Copy :)

10. innerpeace

Thanks renegade08, Tarq57 and rpsgc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times now. The last cd I tried to rip was Aerosmith "Big Ones".

Either something is missing from my XP home install or I didn't get the proper full version registration. Is there some sort of mp3/lame encoder anywhere in the Windows folder? I did do a search for lame, but I only find it in Audacity and Screamer Radio folders. IIRC, I put them there myself, definitely Audacity.

11. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

I've very interested in getting this Studio 2009 for free as it seems to be having some great reviews here. Been using Nero 6 for a while which came with my LG burner and I've never had any problems at all using it, but sometimes I thought if there was anything different or better I could try.

Just one thing... seems after doing some research that Ashampoo like to give these away from time to time but then spam you to sell their latest products... in this case Burning Studio 8. This is fair enough as they are in business to sell their newer stuff.

But as I would not wish to purchase anything at this time and therefore not get spam to my main address, I was wondering if it's ok to use a temporary inbox for registering the software. I've never used these before but it seems this can be a useful way to get products like this. Wondering if there is a particular site that works well for this type of temporary purpose.

12. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

zarzenz, it's true that ashampoo is spammer, I receive at least 2 email for a day. You can use 10minutemail.com.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  13. zarzenz

Thanks mrhero,

I just checked out the 10 minute site and it looks good for this purpose.

14. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Yeah, once ashampoo gets your email you'll need a new one :(.

15. innerpeace

Does anyone have an answer for my bolded question? As I've mentioned, this is an very mild nlited XP home install so something may have been left out. Any ideas?

I should also mention that I can rip .cda audio to .wav with Ashampoo and then covert them to high bit rate mp3 with Audacity. It's not convenient, but it works.

Thank you,
    innerpeace

16. innerpeace

There is a fix for the bit rate problem I was having. As I was troubleshooting the problem with a friend, I emailed Ashampoo support and here was their suggestion.

"please install the latest codecs. The K-Lite Mega Codec Pack is a good one which should solve your problem. You will find this package on various download pages."

They listed a few links, but I grabbed a copy from MajorGeeks. I'm not sure if I needed the Mega Pack, but what the heck.

As part of the troubleshooting I also tried the Austrumi live cd which can load into memory. With it and the program SimpleCDR-X I was able to rip a cd to higher bit rate thus narrowing down the problem a bit. Austrumi has beautiful desktop by the way.

Thanks again to everyone that helped :)

17. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Glad it's sorted, and thanks for posting back with the answer.
    I can't help thinking that maybe the "lite" install had something to do with it. Not bad support from Ashampoo, there.

Regarding spam from Ashampoo, there are options to opt out of it. Not hard.

18. renegade08

Innerpeace, I'm also pleased that you got managed the things.

Very professional from Ashampoo to offer you help regarding the fact that this is free version.

Yep, codecs are must have for an PC. K-lite Codec Pack (Full) is enough.

K-Lite Mega Codec Pack is version with added plus features, but is up to you to choose.

I was also thinking that "lite" version of XP was the problem.

Keep us informed how did burning is perfoming.

I have burned couple of DVD and everything was fine.

This version is from my point of view, improved and better than v6.

There is no more verification problem.

19. innerpeace

It very well could have been my nlited install. I just now went back over my old unorganized notes and I opted to leave out Movie Maker and Music Samples. If they had any of the needed codecs, that could have been my problem.

What I do like about Ashampoo is that it's very easy to use. And for the record, they did reply to my request within 48 hours just like it states on their site.

20. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

Thanx for the heads up renegade08
    Anybody using this on Vista 64bit?

21. Skytrooper

Skytrooper Registered Member

I've used Ashampoo products (mostly Burning Studio and ClipFinder) for years and haven't had that problem. All you have to do is go to your Ashampoo account and opt out of e-mail you don't want to receive. The only times I get e-mail from Ashampoo is when a new, major version of Burning Studio has been released and, very rarely, an offer to buy a second license at a discount.

22. renegade08

Or you can just simply create filter for Ashampoo in your mail. Create new folder especially for their offers, add their e-mail address to the filter and all the messages will be sent to that folder.
    So, someone can read once it 10 days or once in a month.

23. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I unsubscribed from their emails within seconds of receiving my reg key. I've been checking that spam email acct. for the past couple days. Exactly NO emails from Ashampoo. Suprised & pleased. Haven't tried the Burning Studio yet. But I'm quite impressed with Ashampoo regularly giving away their products in Full versions no less.

24. tDJ

tDJ Registered Member

25. zarzenz

I'm using the version 4877 that was given at the start of this thread.

So far it seems to be good and I like the interface which is so easy to use.

Can version 4993 be downloaded and simply installed over the top without any problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.