Ashampoo Anti-Virus discussion thread

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PEllis, Nov 10, 2016.

1. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

2. Freki123

Freki123 Registered Member

https://r.ashampoo.com/r.php?id=1575497&ri=gsuq&u=14149698&lk=K83P11G9
    Sorry can't get bigc73542 quoted readable :/ (no clue why)

I clicked the link out of curiosity. The fine prints states: After a free period of 36 month(s), a subscription will start for this product.This is an annual subscription product that requires payment once every 12 months. Please find further price details below. You may cancel your subscription at any time.
    No clue if you would really get 36 month free :D

Attached Files:

3. Surt

Surt Registered Member

Threw it at my Core2 Duo Win10pro test box, 4 GB RAM, 30 mbps cable.

Installed in less than a minute, data updates took about 2 minutes. No restart needed. Trial is 10 days.

It's predominantly Emsisoft with just Bitdefender's bdcoredll. Ashampoo front end. GUI rendered in Sciter.

Everything is configurable from full auto (Shutup!) to alert on anything (I am in CONTROL).

At this time, 116 Emsisoft sigs, 937 BD. Also Emsisoft heur, trust, host and wl (whitelist) dat files.

This screenshot is only a partial showing of the folder contents, sorted on the Product Name column.

AshampooAV.jpg

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  4. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Yes I remember that. Also the version Ashampoo used ran rather heavy. They are pretty decent with their multimedia products but their history of security products leaves quite a bit to be desired. I believe they have always had some issue or another with their security products going way, way back.

5. Surt

Surt Registered Member

Unlike other security products never ever having issues going way, way back. Or not even way back. Like cough cough avast. :gack:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  6. Bill K

Bill K Registered Member

Clicking on 'Subscription Payment Details' shows an annual payment of $30 with rebilling from year 4 on, and that the first subscription payment is included in purchase price. There's quite a bit of legal liability to the agreement in their Terms & Conditions at the bottom of the page which I suggest reading before purchase.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.