Artifacts on Screen

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by VIPER99, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VIPER99

VIPER99 Registered Member

Hi there,

I am currently having issues with in game graphics on my computer and I was hoping for some input.

I have a Radeon x1600 512MB video card with up to date drivers (ver 8.360.0.0 Driver Date 14/03/2007)
    Since getting the card I have been having issues with artifacts showing up on the screen while playing games and I have no idea what is causing it. This includes purple rectangles showing up and large "texture streaks" across the screen. (When I get a chance I will see about posting an image)

When I close out of the game the desktop looks fine and the images show up after a few minutes of play, in game.
    Ex. Rise of Legends
    C&C 3 Tiberium Wars

I have tried updating my drivers, thus giving me the version listed above, but the issue keeps coming back. This is a new card.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks VIPER99

2. OldMX

OldMX Registered Member

Dont quote me but your videocard may be overheating or showing artifacts caused by bad video memory :(

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Yup, check your card temps first.

You could also try lowering the game settings and also check if theres any newer driver.

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yeah definitely try adding extra cooling to the card and see if that helps. If not then you've probably got a bad card and you'll have to take it back unfortunately.

5. VIPER99

VIPER99 Registered Member

I was afraid you guys might say that.....
    I think I would prefer over heating instead of bad memory but I'll have to see.
    I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Thanks a lot,

VIPER99