ARP poisioning message

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by andrejko, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrejko

andrejko Registered Member

hi,

I tested ESET Smart security and when installed on computer I could not connect to internet. I was getting 2 notifications:
    - problem with IP (192.168.1.1), something like that two computers have the same IP
    - ARP poisioning

There is MSE instaled on other computers on LAN and they are all normaly connected to internet. There is possibility that MSE overlooked some virus or something and I am getting notification of ARP poisioning. What should I do to resolve this issue?

I am more confused about IP problem. As I understand if IP problem occures and two computers have same IP address one should change it automaticly right? It still confuses me why am I geting IP of modem (192.168.1.1) with IP problem notification?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Umbra

Umbra Registered Member

i had the same issue until i change the IP adress of my Wifi router (connected as bridge to the main basic modem).

i think you should manually set the 2nd computer (or hub or router, i don't know your network) with another IP.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does enabling pre-release updates and updating the firewall module to v1116 make a difference? Are you positive that each device in the network has a unique IP address assigned?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.