ARO and Spywareblaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Thorkim, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thorkim

Thorkim Registered Member

I have the free version of Spywareblaster. Saturday, I checked for updates for Spywareblaster and was told a new version was available. I clicked on it and went through various steps to download it. Then I noticed that a product named ARO was being installed. It appeared to be a registry cleaner. I wasn't sure if it was a virus or not because my antivirus said it would block it and that it contained something malicious. It installed on my computer anyway. I went ahead and uninstalled it for now because I wasn't sure if it was related to the Spywareblaster updated version or not.

Can someone tell me if this ARO is supposed to be the new version of Spywareblaster? I've been afraid to try again until I found out more about it. Thank you.

2. tipo

tipo Registered Member

ARO is a system utility software, marked by WOT as untrusted..
    homepage:
    hxxp://www.support.com/

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

ARO isn't related to SpywareBlaster, at all. (To the best of my knowledge.) Something went wrong on your side, somehow?

4. Thorkim

OK, good to hear. I'll try one more time. I know that I've had these new versions to click on before and NEVER had a problem. Thanks for your responses.

5. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

When you tried to download SpywareBlaster's newest version, what steps did you take? Did you go to http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload_free.html ? And, which link of the two mentioned, from where you can download SpywareBlaster, did you click?

Also, did ARO install automatically, without your consent?

6. Thorkim

I clicked on the link provided by Spywareblaster when I did the routine check for updates. It told me a new update was available. It was on not on the main webpage, just the page I clicked on to check for updates on my computer that normally updates by itself. When I did that, it took me through many things that wanted me to download it, then I realized it said the name "ARO" and I wondered what the heck was going on. According to my research, it was not a virus, but my protection said it was malicious. I didn't agree to pay for anything. It unstalled with no problem. I was at first afraid it was one of those spyware sites that told you that you had spyware and you had to pay to get it off. That wasn't the case. When I get home, I'll try again. Just not sure how I got rerouted to ARO if it is not related to Spywareblaster.

Maybe I need to just to to the website and do it. I originally was directed to the javacoolsoftware site and someone something went awry. I hope this makes sense.

7. Thorkim

Came home and downloaded the update with no problem. I did see on a page on my right hand side of the screen that there was a link to download this ARO. I very possibly clicked on that by mistake. Good that nothing bad happened and I got it off. Thank you all for your assistance, everything is running smoothly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.