arghhh now with avira suite vista keeps telling me no firewall

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

it keep telling me there is no firewall installed then goes away after a while then pops back up again... wtf?? any way to fix this. now i see what everyone told me about avira's quirks this is annoying

2. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

I give you credit for your patience. You have had a particularily rough go with Avira. The only thing I could recommend is a re-install and hope for the best. With my pc, the root-kit module was the culprit of much angst. Once installing without it, the issues disappeared. I use TF to supplement AntiVir and it provides the root-kit detection. Worked for me...hope it helps you.

3. s4u

s4u Registered Member

Do you use the paid or free version of TF? What do you think of it?

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

paid version.. i like it minus all these stinking problems..i will not install without root kit id rather move on to something else imo.. i want rootkit protection and would be paying for it.. so thats a deal breaker imo if thats the problem..

5. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

The root-kit issue was not unique to me but it wasn't as common as the update issues. ThreatFire free version contains the root-kit detection that you want. I'll admit AntiVir has caused me frustration in the past lol once I installed AntiVir w/out rk-detector and ThreatFire, it's a set-it-and-forget-it combo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.