Are you running BOClean with WinME?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by bellgamin, Oct 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Very Frequent Poster

In the unlikely event that there is someone on this board who is running BOClean with WinME, PLEASE do the following test for me & let me have the results...

1) With BO Clean running, hold down the WinKey and hit the Pause key. A menu will pop up. On that menu, open the Performance Tab & copy down the % figure for System Resources.

2) With BOClean NOT running, do the same things as for #1 above.

Then let me have the 2 figures. They will give me an idea of about how much Sys Resources that BOClean uses.

It's a real pain that they don't allow trials of BOClean. Yes, I know they have a $$-back guarantee, but I won't do that. Not at all.

Here's hoping....... and thanks, bell

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Bellgamin,

BOClean is light on resources !
    I fired up my TaskInfo2003 on my W98SE box and it only confirms that.

May I suggest, if you have a problem with it, to send an email to support at nsclean.com
    Kevin/Nancy will most definitely reply to you.
    PSC is well known for its top support.

3. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

With=System 74% User 74% GDI 87%
    Without=System 77% User 77% GDI 87%

4. bellgamin

@ FanJ -- Hey, it's really great to hear from you again.

@ TAG97 -- The format of the data you report make me think that you must be running an OS other than WinME.

Nevertheless, the % numbers you have shown indicate to me that BOClean is probably okay for my old/slow box.

Now I must research the question: Does BOClean handle *The Beast* or not? There's a thread on this question at MtM's BOClean forum at...
    THIS URL

Since 10/17 the BOClean guru's have not yet replied. I do wish that they would.

grace & peace to all who enter here.......bellgamin

5. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

Hi bellgamin:
    Those figures are from Windows ME Resource Meter. Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Resource Meter. As to the "Beast", if Kevin says that BoClean 4.11 will handle it rest assure that it will.
    Best regards
    Tim

6. bellgamin

Thanks Tim. As I noted above, none of the the BOClean gurus has directly replied to the *Beast thread* as yet. If there is someplace where Kevin or Nancy said anything about this issue in writing, I would love to read it.

I am truly grateful for your help. Also, the fact that you place great confidence in the BOClean folks carries a lot of weight with me. A LOT!

7. bellgamin

Just a few hours after my last post, a *BOClean guru* DID respond to the ongoing furor about The Beast.

Scroll down to comments by Nancy McAleavey at...
    THIS URL

...Very informative!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.